$150 security deposit is required to hold a reservation and is only used if damages occur or check policies are not followed. The security deposit is separate from the $1600 weekend retreat fee. The deposit will be returned within 30 days of a retreat taking place or can be rolled over to the next retreat date.
Any cancellations made less than 45 days prior to the reservation date will forfeit the $150 deposit. Additional money paid will be refunded only if the reservation date can be re-booked.
Inventory is taken before and after each rental. Damages, missing items, checkout assessments and/or charges for additional cleaning will be deducted from the deposit if necessary. Deposits will be refunded less any charges by check within 30 days after your weekend.
Not to exceed the Limit of 12 Retreaters
The house has a septic system and is on a natural well for the water supply and my concerns are related to the possible overuse of these systems. If groups exceed the number of participants without notifying me, the wear and tear, especially on the septic system, could be devastating. *Please contact me if you are interested in having additional retreats.
Directions to the Quinberry Lodge
On Google Maps type “Quinberry Lodge” or GPS the address:
26 Paradise Valley Parkway
Black Hawk, CO 80422
- Drive to Golden and then proceed to Black Hawk via US 6/Clear Creek Canyon
- Follow US 6, which will turn into Hwy 119 into the town of Black Hawk STAY ON THIS ROAD THROUGH
- Start your odometer at the Fire Station/emergency light (the last street light in town)
- Continue 2.8 miles and turn left at the sign “Paradise Valley Estates”
- Turn at your first left, continuing on Paradise Valley Parkway and the Quinberry is the first house on the
*You should not pass the school or MissouriLakes
Landline phone #
Prepare for the weather
In Winter, good snow tires, 4-wheel or all-wheel drive is necessary. In Colorado always be prepared with winter boots, etc. The Quinberry Lodge is in the mountains so plan accordingly.
Parking is NOT allowed in the garage
The QB is Non-Smoking
Although I love pets, they need to stay home
Check-in Thursday at 4 pm. Departure… 3 pm on Sunday (No later)
To Unlock the Front Door: CODE Given after full payment
Hit the lock symbol, which will clear the lock and turn on the lock light, then Enter the code and the deadbolt will unlock
Wi-Fi Code: quinberrylodge
When You Arrive
- In the winter months, plan on entering through the garage for the front step can get icy. The keypad for the garage is located on the left side of the left garage door. Use the same code: 2013
- The floors can be slippery when water/snow is tracked in…a dry mop is located in the front closet area
- The kitchen has ample empty shelf space for all your goodies.
- You may want bring a cooler to keep in the garage
Check out time is Sunday at 3pm. Please follow the checkout procedure as detailed below. Failure to follow the check out the procedure may result in full or partial loss of the $150 deposit.
- Have your guest strip sheets and pillow cases from their bed. Place the sheets in the hamper located to the left
of the dryers.
- Please wash all the towels, which should be two loads of laundry on Sunday morning; split the load into both
- Fold laundry and place on in baskets
- Remove coffee grinds, rinse out coffee pots and unplug both coffee makers
- Remove ALL items from refrigerator and freezer ($25 assessment for disposal)
- Take out all trash: bedroom, bathroom, kitchen and scrapbooking area and place into appropriate receptacles in
- Sweep the craft room floor to remove large items
- Return all Remotes: 3 TV and ceiling fan remotes
- Make sure gas fireplace and fan are off
- Run dishwasher, please do not leave any dishes ($25 assessment if soiled dishes remain)
- Please make sure all windows are closed and locked
- Lock and Deadbolt all doors
There is a motion detector light the should come on when a car approaches the drive way in the dark.
Cell phone service
Depending on your cell service provider ~ you may get text and cell service when you go out on the upper deck located off the 2nd master bedroom.
Are located in the laundry room
Facing the back wall of the garage, left side of the back door you will find the circuit boxes
Yes, the refrigerator has an ice maker but you may want to bring extra ice if you are planning to use a cooler or have extra for happy hour drinks.
Located in the garage
Pillows, towel & washcloth, sheets and a duvet are all provided for your personal use during your stay.
Bears and moose
Yes, you are bear country! Your best defense against a bear is not to attract them. Do not leave any food outside such as coolers and close the windows of your car. Also note that although moose are majestic animals they are not nice and will attack. So take a picture but to not approach them.
You may use the landline to call out without additional charges. This includes out of state calls but please do not make international calls. 303-582-2435
Is located in the garage:
- Place trash in receptacles on the right
- Recyclables: please place in the receptacle to the left of the garage door from the kitchen
- Please keep the garage door closed when not in use. An open garage door is an invitation to wild animals.
Coffee, Tea, Hot Chocolate
are provided. Also, a coffee grinder is provided if you chose to bring your own coffee beans.
Lost and Found
Items left behind will be kept for 60 days. After 60 day period items not claimed will be donated. It is the owner of the lost item’s responsibility to either pick up the items or pay for shipping.
Located in the dining room
located in the craft room *Extra firewood is located in the garage ~ Look for the sign on th back door
All 3 full bathrooms have hairdryers available for your use
Quite Hours /Noise Level
You are responsible for your guests and their behavior. Mountain community residents have chosen to live here because of the serene and peaceful lifestyle. Please help maintain an amicable relationship with our neighbors by keeping the noise and activity at an acceptable level.
We do not provide an outdoor grill at the QB due to the high fire danger and grills attract bears and other wildlife.
- Coffee & Tea (regular and decaf)
- Salt and Pepper
- Flour, Sugar, some Spices Cooking oil, Pam
- Fully equipped Kitchen: All pots, pans, plates, mixer, blender, 1 crock pot, two coffee machines, 4 slice toaster, griddle, electric skillet, etc…
- Toilet paper
- Facial Tissue
- Paper Towels-One roll Dish Soap
- Dishwasher Detergent Hand Soap
- Trash Bags
- Paper Napkins
- Towels and Washcloths Bedding Including pillows
- One Iron and “Super Board” provided
- 59″ x 36″ work table that stands a comfortable 36″ in height for cutting
- 3 design boards
- over 25 different -Circuit cartridges available for scrapbookers
- 6×12 Circuit machine
Items Not Provided, but suggested…
- Storage containers and Ziploc bags for leftovers
- Coffee creamers & artificial sweeteners are NOT supplied…Bring your favorite flavors
- I-Pod / I-Phone for music *Adaptor is supplied to hook up directly into the surround sound system
- Circuit Mat 6×12 *Mats are not sold or provided for the Circuit
- Dress in layers. Everyone likes the house at different temps so plan for your personal needs
- Crafters may want to bring a blanket to cover their lap
- Phone charges *You are able to use Wi-Fi on your phone for e-mail/internet but cell service is spotty
I have set up a 911 Emergency direct notification to the QB main phone line. If there is any danger in the area the house and my cell phone will get an immediate notification.
If you smell smoke in the area check the Denver news station. In May I was up at the QB and experienced a smokey afternoon, turns out that the smoke was coming from a fire on the western slope and was not even in the vicinity, thank goodness